Friday, March 6, 2009

One week

Bridger had his mitral valve replaced one week ago today! Yesterday they removed the central line in his neck as well as his breathing tube. He is on high flow oxygen now and so far he is maintaining. The atrium and ventricle in his heart are still not communicating, so right now he is still on the external pacemaker. After all of this my beautiful boy still gives me sweet smiles and even giggles, he is a such a good sport. They will give his heart another week to see if it will start communicating before they look to further intervention, so we will see.

-------Staci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Bridger!! Papa and I are still praying constantly for you to get better, as are many others who love you so much. Tell mommy and daddy that we love them too!!!! Love, Nana

Leisa said...

I can't believe it's been a week. He is such a sport. He giggles? I can't wait to hear that. I miss you guys. I wish we could see you, but just feel like we carry too many germs. One day this will behind you and you'll lead a normal life again. I love you guys.

Hospital Pictures

Slide show


Slideshow