God saw you getting tired,
and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around you,
and He whispered "come to me".
With tearful eyes we watched you,
we watched you fade away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hard-working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He chose to take the best.
It's lonesome here without you,
we miss you more each day.
Life doesn't seem the same
since you have gone away.
When days are sad and lonely,
and everything goes wrong,
we seem to hear you whisper,
"cheer up and carry on"
Each time we see your picture,
you seem to smile and say
"don't cry, I'm in God's hands,
we'll meet again someday"
My sister found this poem and sent it to me. Today was the heart walk and it was beautiful. I am not quite up to it today, but soon I will post pictures from the walk and tell you all about it. Thank you to everyone who came to support Bridger and all of the CHD families.
9 comments:
That is a beautiful peom. Thanks for sharing it with us.
The Heart Walk was fun, a little sad, but fun. We are planning on being there next year too! It was great to see so many people turn out, especially everyone that was there in memory of Bridger. He sure is loved by lots of people!
It was an honor to wear a Bridger shirt today. Thanks for letting us be part of it.
I am so glad that I was bale to meet you today, and see all of the wonderful loving support that you have. That poem has always been a favorite of mine. I know it was an emotional day, and that is physically exhausting. Bridger, I'm sure is smiling and enjoying watching his butterfly.
Melissa - IHH
Staci, it was so great to be able to meet you today at the walk. The support that you had there was amazing, it was awesome to see all the t-shirts supporting Bridgers (and your) battle with CHD. The Angel ceremony was beautiful and the spirit that was there was amazing. I know that we were truly surrounded by angels today. Take care, I continue to pray for your sweet family!
Hugs,
Hollie - Elaina's mom :)
Such a beautiful poem! It was so good to see you today. Please stop by anytime you are always welcome. Much love, Hilary
What a beautiful poem. Thanks for posting it. It really says it all. Yesterday was a wonderful, emotional day. We would love to do it every year for Bridger, and all of the CHD kids. It was great to see so many people involved in getting the word out about CHD. We sure love you and Danny! Thanks for keeping us involved with everything, the kids and I really enjoyed being a part of the heart walk. See you both soon!
Wow, that really says it all doesn't it. So beautiful. Tell Jess hello; we missed them yesterday. It was so great to see you all and and also all of our heart buddies. It's wonderful to have the endless support of such great friends. We hope we can be that for you guys as you have always been for us. Love to you! Ü
I am so glad we got to meet up at the walk. I miss you and Ang. It was such a clear beautiful day to do the walk and the precious butterflies made it even better. Bridger was there smiling down on you. Thank you for inviting us to be in your family picture. It means a lot to me. I am so happy we got to meet even if it was under some of the worst circumstances possible, I will always be grateful to you for the help and friendship. Your family is constantly in my thoughts.
Wow, what a good poem. I think about you guys alot and believe you will see him again.
Post a Comment