Saturday, July 11, 2009

A quiet couple of days

Yesterday there were no changes made for Bridger. We just wanted to have a quiet day where Bridger could adjust to the changes from this week and maybe get some rest. This morning when I woke up he was more himself than I have seen all week. He was playing with his toys and just hanging out. If he didn't have his breathing tube in, I am sure he would have been chatting up a storm. When I got up I gave him his tambourine which he immediately started tapping on his breathing tube. It was just what I needed to start my day! So on a side note I have not yet learned how to add other heart family blogs to my blog, this other amazing heart mom has them on her blog. It is: whatscookinatthecooks.blogspot.com, you can look it up and connect to other heart families who have been through similar experiences. This mom, Hilary, is so sweet, she came to visit me the other day and share a little of her journey with me. Her son was here getting a heart transplant when we were here in September for Bridger's very first surgery. So take a look if you would like. I have been able to hold Bridger the last two days, which it is no secret that I love holding him. Let's have a great day!

7 comments:

Maura said...

I'm happy to hear you and Bridger have had a couple of quiet days. Sometimes no excitement is a good thing. Have you heard anything back from Stanford yet? How long does that usually take? Keep us updated if you hear anything. Miss you!

heatherfeather said...

Finally, a much deserved break! We hope Bridger keeps feeling better and continues to act more like himself everyday. We can only imagine how great it must be to see him feeling better. We hope things keep progressing in the right direction, and we are all thinking about you guys everyday! love, Heather, Brandon, and Kids!

The Simmons Family said...

I left you a comment on your last post, but I linked over from Mr. Daxton's site. We are praying for you as you wait to hear back from Stanford in regards to possible transplant options. We were only to Stanford once and Owen will be listed as soon as he is a bit sicker. It is a wonderful place.

I read back on Bridger's whole story (I know, I should be a bit more productive with my time). Your family has been thorugh a lot of trials, but it sounds like Bridger all pulls through like a champ. We will continue to pray.

Enjoy the happy days!!:)

Andrea

Kaidence's Mommy said...

I hope that things work out! Hang in there, it will be a long road but know that many are surrounding you. We will all be here for support whenever it is needed. We are praying for Bridger and your family!

Kaidence's Mommy
(Heart Transplant Dec 23, 2007)

Family Scads said...

Lots of prayers for your sweet family. I am also a mother of a heart transplant baby and have been so touched by your story. It's a rough road, but an incredible road. Miracles do happen....I have seen them!

I was so happy to see your picture in your Utah gear! We are from Utah, but live in Iowa, and have remained HUGE U of U fans.

Lots of love and prayers!
-Kim Scadlock
scadlock.blogspot.com

Leisa said...

Staci, I posted the Cook's blog under your blog list. I'd be happy to teach you or I can just add anything you'd like for you. It's easy either way, so just let me know. I'm happy to hear Bridger was being more himself. I hope and pray he will continue to pull through his trials and get the help he needs. You are truly amazing parents. I love you all!

Mimi said...

I am so glad you were able to hold him!! That makes it a tiny bit easier (on your back too).

I have to say that some of the above comments are from the same mommies that helped me through my journey with Mia. I received a lot of support from them! It's nice to be able to email someone all of your frustrations and have them know exactly what you are talking about.

Kim, Shauntelle,Andrea are all amazing heart mommies and have been a huge support to me.

We all have a lot in common... except I am a BYU girl!! I hope we can still be friends ;-)

I loved reading Hilary's story too- I am glad you have met her. Little Daxton gave me a lot of HOPE!!

Hospital Pictures

Slide show


Slideshow